Lottery Terms and Conditions
WEEKLY LOTTERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions are the rules of the MAGPAS Charity (herein known as the “Charity” Lottery Draw. By joining and playing the draw, the entrant is bound by these rules. You may not accept all or any part of these rules, and your participation in the draw will be cancelled if you reject any or part of the following.
- The Charity runs a lottery on behalf of the Charity with the sole beneficiary after prizes and expenses being the Charity. The lottery is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005; Licence No. 000-033615-N-3150-46-003 in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 and for this purpose is defined as a “Society Lottery”.
- The Charity wishes to conduct its lottery in a fair and socially responsible way, and to endorse responsible gambling. We will review the terms and conditions six monthly as well as updating them as required by law from time to time.
- The responsible persons are Daryl Brown and Debbie Florence, who may be contacted at the address at the end of this document. The responsible persons are not eligible to play the ‘Charity Lottery”.
- Each Chance in the lottery cost £1, and only all participants who have paid the subscription before the commencement of the draw will be eligible and have equal chance to win a prize.
- To promote responsible gambling we will only allow any individual to purchase up to 20 chances per week.
- To enter the draw you must be aged 16 years of age or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. The Charity will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information.
- Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize, additionally the charity reserves the right to reclaim any prizes issued in error.
- The Prize fund will be 30% of total proceeds up to a maximum of £1300 per week.
- The draw will be made by a random number generator every Friday and will be witnessed by two people. The winning numbers will be published on the charity website www.magpas.org.uk/view-results no later than 5 working days after the draw has taken place. To request a list of winners please contact the responsible person named at the end of this document.
- Winners will receive their prizes by cheque or bank transfer no later than ten working days after the draw has taken place, addressed to the details of the player held by the lottery on the day of the draw. Winners do not have to make a claim and all prizes will be paid automatically. All winners will be notified by post.
- All participants in the draw are responsible for providing the charity with up to date contact details. The charity will not be liable for any loss incurred by the entrant caused by the failure of the entrant to inform the charity of any changes or errors to their details.
- The Charity reserves the right to postpone any lottery draw for a period of no longer than 14 days in the event of an emergency. Details of any postponement will appear on the charity website www.magpas.org.uk
- Any uncashed or unclaimed prizes will be deemed as a donation to the Charity after the period of six months.
- New members will be sent a welcome letter advising them of their randomly selected draw number(s) and a personal membership number. This communication will also include if relevant, details of the Direct Debit guarantee and any other relevant information to be able to satisfy legislation.
- Payments can be made by direct debit or advance cheque. We do not accept cash or Credit/Debit Cards as payment for lottery chances. If we receive any cash by mistake we must:
- Inform the customer that we do not accept cash
- Return the cash to the customer by special delivery
- Record the date received and date returned.
The charity operates a strict no ‘cash policy’ to prevent the risk of crimes such as money laundering, to avoid the giving of illicit credit and to provide assurances that gambling activities are being conducted fairly. Please contact MAGPAS for a copy of the society Cash Handling and Money Laundering procedures.
In the event that a customer has encountered a problem or has a concern to raise in respect of the lottery, then the charity advises the customer to contact the office on 01480 371060 or by post to:
St Marys Street
Telephone Complaint: Stage 1
The Charity will ensure all complaints are recorded and documented. At the point of which a complaint is received we will take the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- email address
- Postal address
- The date, nature and a brief outline of the complaint.
The complaint receiver will explain that your complaint or concerns will be passed onto the responsible person or other suitably appointed person, for their urgent attention and that they will contact you personally to investigate the complaint or dispute.
Contact will normally be made within 24 working hours. The Charity will take time to listen to you and take a more detailed description of the complaint or dispute. We will attempt to deal with your problem or concern over the telephone where possible. If this is not possible, the responsible person or other suitable appointed will explain to you what investigations and actions will take place relating to their concerns and that we will formally respond to you with the outcome and actions taken within 10 working days of the problem or concern being raised.
You will be asked if they you happy with what is suggested and also that you understand the procedure. If necessary, the responsible person or other suitably appointed person will assure you that your personal details will not be revealed –this is sometimes necessary if a complaint is received about a member of the canvassing or fundraising teams.
Once the responsible person or other suitable appointed has established the facts concerning the complaint or dispute you will be contacted and informed of the results of the enquiry and what actions have been taken.
All complaints are logged on the complaints log sheet, detailing the individual’s contact details, details of the administrator that has dealt with the complaint, the nature of the complaint and what steps were taken to resolve the complaint.
Written Complaint: Stage 1
Written complaints should include the following information:
- Nature of the complaint
- Date that the incident happened
- People you have previously contacted
- What you would like us to do to put things right
We will issue a written acknowledgement of the complaint within 48 hours of receipt.
All details will be entered onto our internal complaints log at this point. From the date of acknowledgement, we will aim to complete our enquiries and resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within 10 working days. During this time, we will complete our investigations and respond formally in writing to you giving details of the outcomes to our investigation. All complaints are logged on the complaints log sheet, detailing the individual’s contact details, details of the administrator that has dealt with the complaint, the nature of the complaint and what steps were taken to resolve the complaint. All Complaints Stage 2 If after Stage 1 you feel that our outcomes and resolutions have not reasonably met your expectations, we request that you put your complaint in writing to: Lucy Chapman MAGPAS Lottery Centenary House St Marys Street Huntingdon PE29 3PE We will acknowledge receipt within 48 hours and log all details onto the Complaints Log. The complaint and outcomes will then be further reviewed and a formal response will be made in writing within 10 working days of acknowledgement. All Complaints Stage 3 If after Stage 2 you still feel that our outcomes and resolutions have not reasonably met your expectations, we request that you forward your complaint in writing to: The Chief Executive MAGPAS Lottery Centenary House St Marys Street Huntingdon PE29 3PE We will acknowledge receipt within 48 hours and log all details onto the Complaints Log. The complaint and outcomes will then be further reviewed and a formal response will be made in writing within 10 working days of acknowledgement. All Complaints Stage 4 If after Stage 3 you feel that our outcomes and resolutions have still not reasonably met your expectations, we request that you forward your complaint in writing to: The Board of Trustees MAGPAS Lottery Centenary House St Marys Street Huntingdon PE29 3PE We will acknowledge receipt within 48 hours and log all details onto the Complaints Log. The complaint and outcomes will then be further reviewed and a final formal response will be made in writing within 28 working days of acknowledgement. All Complaints Stage 5 In the event that after stage 4 a written complaint cannot be resolved by the lottery team or representatives of MAGPAS Charity; MAGPAS Charity will provide free third party arbitration via IBAS. Independent Betting and Adjudication Service PO Box 62639 London EC3P 3AS Telephone: 020 7347 5883 Fax: 202 7347 5882 Email: [email protected] A copy of this complaints procedure is available to all customers on request. Any complaints or disputes that are not resolved by this complaints procedure are referred to the Independent Betting and Adjudication Service. The complaints log sheets and written complaints will be kept on file for 3 years.