The deadline for applications has now passed.
Are you a university student or recent graduate looking for an internship in communications?
We are looking for a talented, personable and creative individual, with strong writing skills and a keen interest in communications. You will offer valuable support to the small communications team at the charity. Whilst having a confident, friendly and empathetic manner, you will need to be highly organised and able to work across projects. Duties will include:
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Developing, updating and writing content for the website and social media
- Assisting in press opportunities
- Gathering information and producing copy for patient stories
- Supporting with the production of marketing materials
Our regular hours are from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday but we are flexible on working hours to accommodate your needs.
You will need:
- Excellent writing ability, strong knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Plain English and/or the ability to write for different audiences would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge or experience of managing non-personal social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube would be advantageous
This is a paid position offering the National Minimum Wage.
The position is based at our headquarters in Huntingdon, with free parking on site. We are a 1 minute walk from Huntingdon bus station, and an 8 minute walk from Huntingdon train station.