Magpas Air Ambulance is a growing organisation with opportunities occasionally available in both emergency medicine and in clinical, administrative and executive support roles. Positions for doctors and paramedics will be advertised here and on the NHS Jobs website.
If you’re interested in joining us as a volunteer, take a look at our volunteering opportunities.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we are unable to accept applications for electives or observers until further notice. When restrictions allow and we have the capability to accept applications again, we will publish them on this page. All potential elective positions are full for 2021.
Role Title: Senior Philanthropy Officer
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 per annum
Contract: Full time Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Centenary House, St Mary’s Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3PE.
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising
Magpas Air Ambulance is an emergency medical charity saving lives across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and the East of England. Operating 24/7, by air and land, Magpas Air Ambulance are called to the sickest patients in our community and are specially trained to carry out treatments and procedures usually only available in hospital. This saves vital time, protecting lives and reducing disability.
Our award winning fundraising team are looking for an experienced Senior Philanthropy Officer to lead and develop our portfolio of trusts, corporates and major donors. You will use your fantastic fundraising, stewardship and proposal writing skills to build relationships and inspire donations managing your own pipeline of prospects and funders as well as supporting our £3million Capital Campaign to fund our new airbase.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and passionate team and an organisation focused on growth and development. If you think you can lead the development of philanthropy at Magpas Air Ambulance, then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
- Identify, develop and manage a portfolio of funders including trusts, foundations, corporates and major donors to meet financial targets
- Maximise income through the development of co-ordinated stewardship and excellent relationship management
- Produce compelling proposals, reports and presentations through in depth research and attention to detail
- Proactively research and source funding for and in relation to specific projects and programmes of work
- Effectively manage pipeline ensuring new funders are identified and approached, report monthly on progress against target
- Support the Chief Executive, Director of Fundraising and the Capital Campaign Committee to raise £3million from the Future 50 appeal to build a new airbase for Magpas Air Ambulance
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant fundraising experience with at least 3 years in a senior fundraising role raising income through trusts, corporates or major donors
- Proven ability to secure four and five figure gifts (experience of six figure gifts desirable)
- Effective relationship management skills and a proven ability to cultivate long term relationships with funders
- Experience of developing a strong case for support and compelling propositions and presentations
- Experience of working on and contributing to a capital appeal
- IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and a familiarity with grant-making IT applications
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and operational statistics and other complex data sets
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills required
- Can communicate confidently and appropriately with people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to present with confidence in front of various audiences
- Ability to take on challenging situations whilst maintaining a systematic approach to solving problems
All offers of employment are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity within a supportive and exciting environment, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and what you think you could contribute, to [email protected] by 5pm on 2nd July 2021.
Closing date: 02/07/21 – 5 pm
Interview date: 07/07/21
Magpas Air Ambulance is committed to providing equality of opportunity and values diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and trustees. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be the best they can be, where they feel welcome and are free from bias and discrimination. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are currently operating on blended working from home and the office, following COVID -19 safe working practices. Please make sure that any application clearly demonstrates that you live, or will be living within a commutable distance of the main place of work.
If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks from the closing date, unfortunately this means you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the selection process.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
We request no contact from agencies or media sales.